Stax SR-L700 Electrostatic Earspeaker
The SR-L700 from Stax faithfully represents the best of the lambda series earspeakers - striking detail retrieval with rumbling bass.
- Australian Stock
- Australian Warranty
- Authorised Reseller
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
Not happy? Return it within
Return it within 21 days for a refund*
Next day shipping available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
The Stax SR-L700 brings the original 1979 Lambda design and updates it with a new advanced electrostatic driver. The SR-L700 comes with a thin-film diaphragm that STAX Japan carefully selects to their exacting standards, and assembles it with fixed electrodes that are machined through 3 layer stainless etching using heat diffusion, similarly to the SR-009S. This process and design results in a richer and deeper bass response, overcoming any bass limitations of previous electrostatic earspeakers. The SR-L700 comes with an attached 6-strand 2.5m 6N high-purity annealed copper cable. The earspeaker is furnished with genuine sheepskin pads with artificial leather backing. These pads, as well as the 10-click slider mechanism, provide great listening comfort over extended wearing periods.
The result of this thoughtful innovation is a wide frequency response, allowing the electrostatic driver to perform brilliantly in a variety of genres. The SR-L700 is a neutral sounding earspeaker, with a clear treble, with a characteristic “floating” detail and smoothness that STAX electrostatics are famed for. Vocal clarity is exceptional, and along with the wide soundstage comes a deep, exceptionally fast bass response. The STAX is a brilliant sounding headphone that works for many genres.
Please note that the Stax L700 is an electrostatic headphone and requires a specific driver unit to function. Pair the SR-L700 with the Stax SRM-353X driver for a great desktop system, or try the Stax SRM-D10 driver for a transportable setup, great for the home and office. It's recommended that you protect Stax headphones from environmental dust and moisture.
Feel free to contact us with any questions about this amazing listening system!
Stax L700 Earspeaker
Cable plug cover
- Type: Push-pull electrostatic, oval sound element, rear open-air type enclosure
- Frequency response: 7 – 41,000Hz
- Electrostatic capacitance: 110pF (including attached cable)
- Impedance: 145kΩ (including attached cable, at 10kHz)
- Sound pressure sensitivity: 101dB / input 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
- Maximum sound pressure level: 118dB / 400Hz
- Bias voltage: 580V DC
- Ear pad: Real sheep’s leather (skin-touching portion), high-class artificial leather (surrounding portion)
- Cable: Parallel 6-strand, 2.5m full length, low-capacity special wide cable
- Cable conductor: 6N (99.9999%) annealed OFC with silver coating
- Weight: 496g (including attached cable), 360g (without cable)