Stax SR-L500 MK2 Electrostatic Ear Speaker
Updated for 2019, the STAX L500 MK2 delivers the legendary STAX sound with improved build quality, comfort and the inclusion of detacahble cables.
- Australian Stock
- Australian Warranty
- Authorised Reseller
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
Not happy? Return it within
Return it within 21 days for a refund*
Next day shipping available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
Since the introduction of their first electrostatic headphone in 1959, STAX headphones (or Earspeakers, as the company prefers to call them) have become legendary for delivering an audio experience unlike any other. Electrostatic headphones are unique in that they couple a thin film electrostatic speaker element with a specialised high voltage driver (similar to an amplifier) in order to produce extremely fast and responsive audio across the frequency range.
The STAX L500 MK2 is the midrange STAX model in the STAX lambda series for 2019, updated with a new aluminium headband structure and detachable cables. The new aluminium yoke means that clamping pressure is distributed more optimally on the sides of the head, helping to ensure maximum seal and bass performance. The SR-L500MK2 includes a new detachable parallel 6-strand low-capacity HiFC* wide cable. The copper conductor includes a very small quantity of titanium to deliver a superior transmission characteristic but also a softer, more convenient feel to the cable
In terms of sound, the L500 MK2 is a bright sounding headphone, with a vibrant, fast sound that excels in the reproduction of string and acoustic instruments. Like all of STAX headphones, the L500 MK2 delivers a tremendously fast transient response, meaning that audio sounds clear, detailed and without any kind of extra mid-bass "thump" or bloat. For those after thicker, more bassy sound that still preserves clarity, we recommend the Audeze LCD-2F. The step up L700 MK2 also delivers a more dynamic sound, with slightly more bass and treble.
STAX earspeakers must be used with a specialised electrostatic driver unit. To discuss this with us and to place and order, please give us a call!
- Type: push-pull electrostatic, oval sound element, rear open-air type enclosure
- Frequency response: 7 – 41,000Hz
- Electrostatic capacitance: 110pF (including attached cable)
- Impedance: 145kΩ (including attached cable, at 10kHz)
- Sound pressure sensitivity: 101dB / input 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
- Maximum sound pressure level: 118dB / 400Hz
- Bias voltage: 580V DC
- Ear pad:real sheep’s leather (skin-touching portion), high-class artificial leather (surrounding portion)
- Cable: parallel 6-strand, 2.5m full length, low-capacity special wide cable
- Cable conductor:6N (99.9999%) annealed OFC with silver coating
- Weight: 471g (including attached cable), 351g (without cable)