Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC Black 1.5
The original Dragonfly boosts the market for micro-DACs. Due to its USB power draw, the device functions well with computers only.
- Australian Stock
- Australian Warranty
- Authorised Reseller
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
Not happy? Return it within
Return it within 21 days for a refund*
Next day shipping available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
The original Dragonfly boosts the market for micro-DACs. Due to its USB power draw, the device functions well with computers only. But as we all know that the use of portable versions such as Apple and Android smartphones and tablets has been increased, the demand for updated DAC versions has been emerged. That is why, the Dragonfly is now offered its clients, a reliable and improved version, which is known as DragonFly Black.
Convenience and performance is combined with the latest DragonFly Black. It works as a true highly fidelity music player, when coupled with any computer, tablet, laptop, or smartphone. Music lovers will enjoy the wonderful sound of this device, no matter, whether they are at home or travelling to any other place.
The new DragonFly Black model incorporate improved 32-bit ESS 9010 Sabre DAC chip which uses minimum-phase filtering to get naturally detailed, more authentic sound. Also, the DragonFly Black uses the same fine quality headphone amp and analog volume control, which is found in the DragonFly 1.2. This model uses analog volume control as it is a better-sounding approach than other digital volume controls. DragonFly Black yields 1.2 volts power, which is enough capable to drive all preamplifier input circuits and other reasonably efficient headphones.
- USB Stick-Sized Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Plays all music files: MP3 to high-res
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and Android mobile devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter or Made for Android/OTG adaptor)
- Drives headphones directly
- Fixed output feeds preamp or AV receiver
- Asynchronous transfer ensures digital timing integrity
- Medium output (1.2 volts) drives a wide range of headphones
- 32-bit ESS 9010 DAC with minimum-phase filter
- Analog volume control