Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt USB DAC/AMP
With an upgraded DAC and cleaner, more efficient USB power supply, the Cobalt improves on everything that made the Dragonfly Red and Black so popular.
- Australian Stock
- Australian Warranty
- Authorised Reseller
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
Not happy? Return it within
Return it within 21 days for a refund*
Next day shipping available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
The Dragonfly Cobalt is Audioquest's new flagship DAC, and offers an improvement on what made the Cobalt Black and Red so popular. With an upgraded ESS ES9038Q2M DAC, a more efficient and cleaner USB power supply and an updated, smaller form factor, the Cobalt is a high quality solution for people who want great audio performance in a small, convenient form factor.
The Cobalt can be connected to a phone or computer via the included USB-C Dragontail adapter, and connection to an iPhone or iOS device is possible via the Camera Connection Kit sold by Apple. Once connected, the Cobalt acts as a small DAC/amp capable of driving all kinds of loads including IEMs or full sized, high impedance headphones. The Cobalt offers smooth, detailed sound with an even lower noise floor than the Dragonfly Red and Black, meaning that even very sensitive IEMs can be used with no issues with the Cobalt.
Rounding out the feature set is a maximum 2.1V output level, which means that the Cobalt can be used as a proper line level line-out connection to external devices, and a renderer fully capable of unfolding MQA.
- Plays all music files: MP3 to MQA and High-Res
- Compatible with Apple® and Windows® PCs
- Compatible with iOS devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter/Connection Kit)
- Compatible with Android devices (requires DragonTail or other USB Adaptor for Android Devices)
- MQA Rendering
- Drives headphones directly
- Fixed output feeds preamp or AV receiver
- Asynchronous transfer ensures digital timing integrity
- DragonFly Cobalt - Sample rates supported (LED indicator color code): Standard (Red), 44.1kHz (Green), 48kHz (Blue), 88.2kHz (Yellow), 96kHz (Light Blue), MQA (Purple)
- Volume Control: 64-position, 64-bit, bit-perfect (Red, Cobalt)
- Output voltage: 2.1 (Red, Cobalt)
- Headphone Amp: ESS Sabre 9601 (Red, Cobalt)
- DAC Chip: ESS ES9038Q2M with minimum-phase slow roll-off filter for more natural sound (Cobalt)
- Microcontroller: Microchip PIC32MX274 reduces current draw and increases processing speed by 33% over DragonFlys Black and Red (Cobalt)
- Dimensions: 12mm H x 19mm W by 57mm L (Cobalt)