Astell & Kern A&norma SR15 Digital Audio Player
The Astell & Kern A&Norma SR15 is part of Astell & Kern’s new 2018 line up of premium digital audio players. It embodies A&K’s focus on sound quality in a compact, well built product.
- Australian Stock
- Australian Warranty
- Authorised Reseller
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
Not happy? Return it within
Return it within 21 days for a refund*
Next day shipping available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
The Astell & Kern A&Norma SR15 is part of Astell & Kern’s new 2018 line up of premium digital audio players, and it represents A&K’s focus on sound quality in a compact, well built product.
The signature feature of the SR15 is its tilted display, which improves the ergonomics of the SR15 by ensuring no part of the hand covers the interface while holding the unit. The SR15 also embodies Astell & Kern’s focus on build quality with its solid metal frame and patterned glass back. We do recommend a case to go with the SR15 to protect the unit and to take the edge off some of the design’s sharp lines.
The SR15 features a quad-core processor that makes scrolling and moving around the interface very responsive compared to many other players in this class. The new A&K UI itself is fast and simple to navigate, and the compact size makes for practical portability.
In our testing we found a significant improvement in noise performance over the A&K AK70 MKII on both the single ended and 2.5mm balanced outputs. Output impedance is below 1.6 ohms on both outputs. The low-noise, high performance attributes of these outputs make the SR15 a great match for sensitive balanced armature IEMs like the Campfire Audio Andromeda, or A&K’s own line of in-ear monitors.
If you are looking for high performance in a small player, the SR15 is definitely worth a look.
- Cirrus Logic MasterHIFI CS43198 x2 Dual DACs
- Bit Perfect 192 kHz 24bit playback
- Native DSD64 Playback
- Quad-Core CPU for responsive UI
- Redesigned, simplified UI
- SR15 Device
- 5-pin micro-USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- microSD card slot cover x 2
- Protective Film (Front x 2, Back x 2)
- Case not included. Cases for this model are available for purchase separately.
- Colour: Dark Grey
- Chassis Material: Aluminium
- Display: 3.3 inch WVGA (480x800) TFT LCD
- Supported Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Supported Sample Rates (PCM): 8kHz - 192kHz (8/16/24 bits per sample)
- Supported Sample Rates (DSD): DSD64 (1.bit 2.8Mhz) Native / DSD128 (1bit 5.6Mhz) DSD to PCM
- Output Level: 2.0Vrms (Single Ended) / 4.0Vrms (Balanced) @ No Load
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 122dB @ 1kHz
- Crosstalk: 137dB dB @ 1kHz
- THD+N: 0.0008% @ 1kHz (Single Ended) / 0.0009% @ 1kHz (Balanced)
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1)
- Output Impedance: 1.1 ohm (Single Ended) / 1.6 ohm (Balanced)
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS43198 x2 (Dual DAC)
- Input: USB Micro-B (Charging, Data)
- Outputs: 3.5mm Single Ended / 2.5mm 4-pole Balanced
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4Ghz)
- Bluetooth: V4.1 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptX HD)
- Firmware: OTA firmware updates supported
- Battery: 3150mAh 3.7v Li-Polymer
- Internal Memory: 64GB NAND Flash
- External Memory: microSD (Max 400GB)
- Dimensions: 57.5mm W x 99.7mm H x 16.1mm D
- Weight: 154g