Sennheiser HD820 Audiophile Closed Back Headphone
The Sennheiser HD 820 is a stellar performer - a closed back headphone that sounds like an open one.
- Australian Stock
- Australian Warranty
- Authorised Reseller
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
Not happy? Return it within
Return it within 21 days for a refund*
Next day shipping available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
Watch our in-depth review / discussion of the HD 820 here!
The Sennheiser HD 820 is the new closed back flagship HD 800 series headphone. The HD 820 is the product of extensive research into the challenge of delivering an open sound from a closed design. The advanced design incorporates new, thicker earpads, as well as an anti-resonance chamber capped with a uniquely curved Gorilla Glass panel that reflects sound waves trapped in the earpiece away from user’s ears. The result is a comfortable, isolating design that preserves most of the wide, open soundstage of the HD 800 series.
The HD 820 comes with a storage case, and 3 cables - a 6.35mm standard cable, and 4-pin XLR and 4.4mm balanced options for connection with high end headphone amplifiers like Sennheiser’s own matching HDV 820.
In terms of sound, the HD 820 shares many characteristics with the legendary HD 800 / S headphones, but there are a few key differences. The sealed design now increases the warmth and impact of the sub-bass and mid-bass frequencies. High frequency treble is slightly reduced compared to the HD 800 S, resulting in a more forgiving sound - but some may prefer the pristine highs of the open models. Similarly, midrange vocals are now slightly more forward in character. While the HD 800 is stunning for classical and jazz, the new signature makes the HD 820 a little more comfortable for modern pop and electronic instruments.
For more details, check out our in-depth review / discussion video about the HD 820!
We recommend you pop in for a demo to compare, or order online with the confidence of our satisfaction guarantee.
- Headphones HD 820 (closed, dynamic headphones)
- ¼” (6.35 mm) stereo cable
- 4.4 mm Pentaconn balanced cable
- 4-pin XLR balanced cable connector
- USB flash drive (SD-U16L version) with instruction manual (as PDF file) and individually diffuse-field frequency response curve
- Instruction manual
- Storage box
- Microfiber cloth
- Impedance: 300 ohms
- Frequency response (Headphones): 12 - 43800 Hz (-3 dB) / 6 - 48000 Hz (-10 dB)
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 103 dB at 1 kHz, 1V
- Ear coupling: around the ear
- Jack plug: 6.3 mm / Pentaconn / (XLR4)
- Cable length: 3m
- Weight: 360 g without cable
- Transducer principle (headphones): dynamic, closed