Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
Not happy? Return it within
Return it within 21 days for a refund*
Next day shipping available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
The audio-visual world is a mercurial, ever-shifting realm of fierce competition and struggles for dominance. Pro-Ject Audio Systems, one of the emerging front-runners of a growing wave of engineering companies, has placed a solid contender for product of the year with their Pre Box S2 Digital. Pro-Ject has recently refined and perfected their newly minted dual mono construction design and implemented it in their newest S2 model. Novice engineers and experienced producers alike can enjoy the innovative yet practical layout of this model while experiencing impeccable sonic quality.
Just What Makes the S2 Digital Such A Gem?
The superiority of Pro-Ject's newest offering begins in its very components. ESS Sabre has lent its finest D/A converters to lay a foundation for a high-quality pre-amp. ESS Sabre is known for its world-class DAC chips, and the S2 Digital utilizes these with impunity to deliver crispy audio of up to 32bit/768kHz PCM resolution. In addition, troublesome playback configurations have been all but eliminated with the S2's newfound ability to rewind, fast forward, play and pause directly from the interface itself. Topping the sundae of decadent features are sprinkles of luxury such as thin film miniMELF resistors and top of the line, organic polymer capacitors. Audiophiles and their ilk can rejoice in the knowledge that Pro-Ject's Pre Box S2 Digital promises a smooth, seamless recording and mixing process with each use.
• Dual mono construction
• High end ESS Sabre ESS9038 dual DAC
• Proprietary clock circuity design
• Organic polymer capacitors and thin film miniMELF resistors
• MQA hardware decoding
• DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 & DSD512 (DSD over PCM)
• Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
• 7 selectable digital filter characteristics
• 1 proprietary optimum transient digital filter
• Headphone output on the front (6.3mm)
• Synchronization of all internal oscillators
• Jitter as low as 100 Femtoseconds!
• Gold plated four layer PCB
• Full alu/metal sandwich casing in silver or black