iBasso AMP8 MK2S Special Edition Amp Card for DX240
A special edition of the AMP 8 MK2 amp card for iBasso DX240 with 3.5mm + 4.4mm outputs
- Australian Stock
- Australian Warranty
- Authorised Reseller
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake!
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
21 Day Change of Mind Returns
Terms and conditions apply
Free Shipping Australia Wide
Free Shipping & Express available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
Discrete Amplifier Card with 4.4mm Balanced + 3.5mm Single Ended
When using OPAMPs to develop an amplifier, it is almost impossible to achieve high voltage output and high current output, especially, on a portable devices. Some engineers have used the TPA6120 on the buffer stage to achieve 750mA output current.
However, the TPA6120 has 10ohm output impedance, which isn't ideal for low impedance IMs or headphones. So, iBasso has decided to use discrete components which are usually used on desktop amplifiers. Ibasso present the AMP8 MK2 that has both high voltage and high current output and at the same time maintaining low output impedance with extremely good measurements. AMP8 MK2 complements the premium performance of the DX240, giving you even more choices when playing the music you enjoy.
The AMP8 MK2 Speical edition (AMP8MK2S) is based on the AMP8 MK2. It is tuned with a Spraque axial capacitor, a WIMA film capacitor, and ELNA Silmic2 electrolytic capacitors. AMP8 MK2 Special Edition features both 3.5mm single ended and 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced outputs.
AMP8 MK2 is available with both Black and Green plates to match your iBasso DX240.
- +/-8V high voltage swing.* This significantly improves dynamics and headroom, resulting in a more accurate sound that is true to the recording.
- AMP8 MK2 is dedicated to the DX240 and features both a high voltage and current output. High current output is very useful for low impedance multi drivers in-ear monitors.
- Low VCE transistors are utilized and are manually sorted and paired, providing better consistency and linearity. The low VCE also expands the linearity range.
- The transistors used on the buffer stage have a 2000mA output current rating, which are the same as the AMP11 MK2's transistors. which allows the AMP8 MK2 to drive IEMs and headphones that require high current, with ease
- A Pentaconn 4.4mm balanced output port is used and with the large contact area of this socket, resistance is lowered achieving better current transmission, equating to better resulting sound.