Fiio FT3 Open-Back Headphone
The art of harnessing energy for great sound
- Australian Stock
- Australian Warranty
- Authorised Reseller
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake!
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
21 Day Change of Mind Returns
Terms and conditions apply
Free Shipping Australia Wide
Free Shipping & Express available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
60 mm large dynamic driver
Sound comes from the vibration of material – thus, the choice of the driver is quite important in determining sound quality. The FT3 features a large 60mm dynamic driver, uncommon in its class. Compared to a smaller driver, the FT3 can push more air and convert energy into the sound more efficiently – resulting in a more natural yet robust sound with an expansive soundstage.
The FT3’s large dynamic driver also has other benefits. For example, due to its large size, the diaphragm is capable of bearing higher output power, leading to less distortion under large dynamic signals. Also, the larger driver is more easily able to produce lower frequencies for deeper reaching bass.
Beryllium-plated gasket + DLC
The diaphragm is one of the most important parts of a dynamic driver. And not just any diaphragm material can meet the demands of the FT3 due to the large driver size. After extensive testing at FiiO, a beryllium-plated gasket + DLC diaphragm was chosen. The FT3 driver gasket is plated with beryllium. This not only results in a lighter gasket (and thus a lighter driver), but also a more rigid gasket better able to handle the movement of the large dynamic driver for less distortion.
The diaphragm of the FT3 is made of DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon), – which is both highly sturdy and lightweight compared to other diaphragm materials. This means that the FT3 driver is less prone to breakup and thus nonlinear distortion, while also having an extremely extended frequency response and improved soundstage.
350 ohm high impedance for pure sound
The FT3 was designed with great sound as the primary goal, and features 350Ω impedance to achieve that. Compared to lower impedance headphones, higher impedance headphones more effectively filter out noise to the listener resulting in a purer sound with higher signal-to-noise ratio performance.
The voice coil is made of ultra-fine Japanese copper-clad aluminium only 0.035mm thick in diameter. This finer voice coil allows the driver to better and more quickly follow signals, has anti-inteference capabilities, and allows for thunderous dynamics across a wide frequency response range.
Lightweight hollow mesh design
The exterior of the FT3 is made entirely of aluminium alloy that not only feels luxurious to the touch, but is also highly rigid yet lightweight.
The FT3 has undergone much fit testing in Fiio Labs, and the 3-axis swivelling design is one result of that testing. The 3-axis swivelling design was specifically made so that the FT3 could better fit a wide variety of head and face shapes.
All of these elements make the FT3 comfortable for hours and hours of music enjoyment.
2 sets of distinct-sounding earpads
The FT3 comes with 2 sets of earpads, each with their own sound.
- Suede earpads: balanced sound, enhanced ambience, a majestic experience
- Protein-leather earpads: Clear sound, large soundstage, highly detailed
4 swappable audio plugs come standard
The FT3 cable features swappable plugs of the following 4 kinds:
- 3.5mm / 4.4 mm swappable plugs
- 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter
- 4.4mm to XLR-4 balanced adapter
- 60mm large dynamic driver
- Beryllium-plated gasket + DLC diaphragm
- 350 ohm high impedance
- Asmmetric internal and external magnetic circuit system
- Open-back design
- Furukawa monocrystalline copper cable
- Aluminium alloy construction
- Lightweight hollow design
- 4 different audio plugs included
- FT3 Headphones
- 3.5mm interchangeable plug
- 4.4mm interchangeable plug
- 3.5mm female to 6.35mm male adapter
- 4.4mm female to XLR-4 male balanced adapter
- Leather storage case
- Protein leather earpads
- Suede earpads
- Headphone Cable
- Headphone type: Open Back Dynamic driver
- Frequency response: 7Hz-40kHz
- Driver type: 60mm dynamic driver
- Diaphragm material: Beryllium-plated gasket + DLC diaphragm
- Impedance: 350 ohms
- Sensitivity: 105dB (1Vrms) @ 1 kHz
- Weight: About 391g (excluding cable)
- Earpad pressure: approx. 4.0N
- Cable Length: approx. 3m
- Cable Material: Furukawa monocrystalline copper wire
- Headphone connectors: Dual 3.5mm