Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB DAC
Ever since the original Dragonfly has been launched; the demands for its utilization with smartphones are increasing day by day.
- Australian Stock
- Australian Warranty
- Authorised Reseller
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
Not happy? Return it within
Return it within 21 days for a refund*
Next day shipping available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
Ever since the original Dragonfly has been launched; the demands for its utilization with smartphones are increasing. And finally, the engineers of AudioQuest presented the Dragonfly Red that is designed to break the precincts and boundaries, created by the former models.
Showcasing great performance, the new Dragonfly Red integrates the improved 9016, 32-bit ESS Sabre DAC chip employing minimum-phase filtering to get naturally detailed, more genuine sound. It includes the modern ESS headphone amp and a quite perfect digital volume control that exist in the DAC chip itself. It is a refined implementation, promising dynamic contrast, maximum fidelity, and signal-to-noise ratio.
Comes with higher 2.1-volt output, this model is compatible with an even varied array of headphones, which includes power-hungry, low-efficiency models as well. For instance, DragonFly 1.0 and 1.2 included 1.8-volt output. Also, the DF Red model performs well and has much more grip, spin and muscle that any other DF model. Red simply sounds best. It produces a cleaner and clearer sound, enabling a greater soundstage with each and every instrument or voice more virtually in its own space.
- USB Stick-Sized Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Plays all music files: MP3 to high-res
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and Android mobile devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter or Made for Android/OTG adaptor)
- Drives headphones directly
- Fixed output feeds preamp or AV receiver
- Asynchronous transfer ensures digital timing integrity
- High output (2.1 volts) drives almost all headphones, including power-hungry models
- 32-bit ESS 9016 DAC with minimum-phase filter
- Bit-perfect digital volume control