Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 Audiophile Headphones
The ATH-ADX5000 is light at only 270g and utilizes the Integrated Driver Unit.
- Australian Stock
- Australian Warranty
- Authorised Reseller
Found it cheaper somewhere else? Request a price match.
Don't risk purchasing a fake!
MiniDisc are Authorised Resellers
21 Day Change of Mind Returns
Terms and conditions apply
Free Shipping Australia Wide
Free Shipping & Express available
Unmatched advice and support
Always happy to help
The award-winning Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 are the latest open back headphones hand assembled in Japan. The headphones feature the company's patent-pending Core Mount Technology. This technology centres the driver's voice coil within the housing. Core Mount Technology provides a listening experience with precise control that balances the acoustic space around the driver and offers greater transparency at the mid to high frequencies along with a richer bass sound.
The ATH-ADX5000 is light at only 270g and utilizes the Integrated Driver Unit. The economic design contains the tungsten coated diaphragm, the Permendur magnetic circuit, voice coil, and housing all within a single unit. The efficient construction of the headphones allows them to handle dynamic Hi-Res Audio and a frequency range from 5-50,000Hz while maintaining the resolution and detail of the sound. The driver is 58mm with a diaphragm that is coated with tungsten. The result is a diaphragm that is lightweight but responsive to signals. The honeycomb punched outer housing of the ATH-ADX5000 controls the air pressure, reducing any unwanted ventilation that might affect the quality and fidelity.
The lightweight yet rigid frame of the headphones is magnesium, and the earpads are made with Alcantara microfiber, which also covers the headbands. Alcantara microfiber is a soft material similar to suede but more durable. The lightweight magnesium frame and soft Alcantara microfiber paired with the Core Mounted Technology featured within the Integrated Driver Unit makes the ATH-ADX5000 a set of high-performance headphones that still provides a comfortable listening experience.
- Core Mount Technology that offers a high-quality range of audio reproduction
- Efficient Integrated Driver Unit design for precise control of vibrations
- Honeycomb outer housing that reduces unwanted air pressure loss
- Lightweight magnesium frame with earpads and headband covered in Alcantara microfiber for comfort
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 50,000Hz
- Includes detachable cables and a carrying case
- 58 mm integrated driver units utilize a Permendur magnetic circuit with exceptional magnetic characteristics
- Japanese craftsmanship: Each housing is carefully hand assembled in Tokyo
- Tungsten-coated diaphragm provides high rigidity for an improved transient response
- Integrated driver unit design combines diaphragm, voice coil, baffle and magnet in single unit to reduce unwanted vibration
- Each pair of headphones is individually identified by a laser etched serial number and comes with a specially designed hard carrying case
- Newly developed Core Mount Technology places driver unit in optimal position for improved airflow and excellent full-range audio reproduction
- Magnesium frame results in rigid, thin, lightweight construction
- New honeycomb-punched housing design blocks side ventilation to prevent undesirable air pressure loss
- Luxurious Alcantara material used on earpads and headband, providing amazing comfort and durability
- Detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones and 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug